The Pirx Seven
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Pirx Seven! The 7-inch FPV frame designed in-house to give me, and you obviously, a versatile platform for long-range, cinematic takes and freestyle!
Let's begin with the question: why did I have to design my own frame? There are plenty of good frames out there! True, there are good 7-inch frames, but all of them have some problems: props in the view, very little space inside, thin arms, asymmetrical arms, no place for a huge battery, limited accessories and dozens of other minor things.
Pirx Seven overcomes some of them (creates a few others as well, but let's not shout about it) and truth to be told, it's the best 7-inch frame I own. After all, I designed it to solve problems I was having :)
- FPV camera is mounted on 3D printed bracket by design! During the crash, it's better to break a small 3D printed element than an expensive camera
- Verical plates in the front are tight fit by design and have to be precisely sanded/filed to fit slots in the the horizontal plates!
- All M3 holes are tight fit by design as well!
- weights around 210g before equipment
- dead cat setup, from and rear arms are fully interchangeable
- 6mm arms are super stiff to shift the resonance frequency high enough to be filtered without interfering with flight performance
- 4mm bottom plate and 2mm top plate are connected with 12 standoffs in total resulting in pretty nice structural strength and stiffness
- accepts ONLY micro size FPV cameras as well as popular micro-split-like cameras like Caddx Tarsier or RunCam Hybrid 4K
- will fit DJI FPV Air Unit and camera but there is no mount for the Air Unit ATM
- 20x20mm holes in the front
- 30,5x30,5mm and 20x20mm holes in the middle where the center of gravity meets the center of thrust
- 30,5x30,5mm and 20x20mm holes in the rear section for any equipment you want
- has a dedicated place for Matek Optical Flow & Lidar Sensor http://bit.ly/2SSpMcC
- accepts LiPo on the top and on the bottom side as well. Top mount is recommended as it moves CoG closer to the thrust plane
- variety of 3D printed accessories for cameras and antennas
Does it fly? Yeap! Take a look at fly videos:
More about the frame:
Since Armattan Productions does not offer 3D printing service, you will have to print some extra elements:
- Micro FPV camera adapters
- Micro FPV camera adapters (alternative)
- 4mm spacer for front bumper
- GPS plate
- GPS and SMA plate L
- GPS and SMA plate R
- Horizontal SMA adapter
- Vertical SMA adapter A
- Vertical SMA adapter B
- GoPro Session Flexible Mount (attach with zip-ties)
- GoPro Hero 6/7 30deg Mount (attach with zip-ties to front bumber)
Note that only FPV Micro Camera adapter is really required. All the rest are optional!
Or you can download all STL files from here: http://bit.ly/2SPdpxW
Review Section ( Total Review:0 )
No Review Found